Top 5 things to do in St. Thomas
Planning a trip to the Virgin Islands? Explore our top 5 things to do in St. Thomas!
If you are heading to the Caribbean and are curious about the most popular things to do in St. Thomas, we have you covered. Being one of the most visited areas in the Caribbean, St. Thomas offers guests an abundance of unparalleled scenery, shopping, sunbathing, snorkeling and more. Depending on the length of your time in port and your hobbies, finding a way to enjoy the island is easy. Here is our list of the top 5 things to do in St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands:
- Take the Kids Zip-lining – Take a trip to Tree Limin’ Extreme and experience the only zipline canopy tour in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The whole family will have a thrilling adventure and enjoy scenery unlike any other. There are six sensational ziplines to choose from,along with two sky bridges and multiple aerial platforms. Tree Limin’ is located high in the St. Peter Mountain rain forest and visitors will be able to catch views of Magen’s Bay, Tortola and beyond.
- Plan a Beach Day – While the beaches are absolutely breathtaking in St. Thomas, there aren’t any immediately accessible near the port. You will need to catch a cab, but the rides are short and pleasurable. If you are limited on time but still want to catch some rays and dig your toes in the sand, check out Magens Bay. The area is known for its calm, tranquil waters, and the surrounding facility includes food options, a bar and shopping. There is a small admission fee to get into this area but it is well worth it! Many consider Magens Bay one of the most breathtaking beaches in the world.
- Get a “taste” of the Island – If you are a foodie at heart, tasting local fare should definitely be on your things to do in St. Thomas list. Stop by Glady’s Café for Caribbean dishes or Cuzzin’s Carribean Retaurant, a long-standing favorite in the area. From grilled seafood to lobster-stuffed dishes, local eateries are one of the best ways to experience St. Thomas!
- Take the Family on an Underwater Adventure – Imagine an underwater observatory where you can your family can see an abundance of marine life in their natural state, all without getting a drop of water on you. All of this and more is available at Coral World. This massive marine park is a popular spot with tourists but is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Check times and dates beforehand as they are closed certain times throughout the year.
- Shop till you Drop – Looking for an exciting day of duty-free shopping? Don’t miss the Charlotte Amalie. Walkable from most docking locations, here you can find perfumes, liquor, crafts, rum cakes, spices and more. Cruises to St. Thomas Virgin Islands wouldn’t be complete without a USVI souvenir!
If you are an adventurer, you may want to come up with your own list of St. Thomas things to do while in Virgin Islands. Haven’t booked your cruise yet? Be sure to check out incredible deals happening right now. Princess Cruises has an amazing 8-day cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale starting at just $799. With stops in St. Thomas, Saint Kitts and Grand Turk, this will surely be a scenic cruise to remember. Looking for something longer? Check out Celebrity Cruises 11-day cruise leaving from Miami and stopping in St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Lucia and more. Prices start at just $1049 per person.
To book your picturesque cruise to St. Thomas, call CruiseExperts.com today at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.