What to do in Port Chalmers New Zealand During your Cruise
Discover what to do in New Zealand with the help of www.CruiseExperts.com
Searching for things to do in Dunedin, New Zealand? You may have a tough time narrowing down your plans as the area offers you an abundance of exciting options. The Dunedin region is famous for its old-world atmosphere and world famous architecture. The area, which has deep Scottish roots, combines stunning manmade structures with a breathtaking coastal backdrop.
As the area continues to grow in popularity, it has become a trendy stop for many cruise ship itineraries. Cruise ships drop passengers off at Port Chalmers, a Dunedin suburb, and there are a variety of taxis and buses to transport visitors 8-miles into the city. There are an abundance of cruise excursions in Port Chalmers New Zealand that range from taking advantage of the scenic, seaside landscape, to visiting famed architecture sights such as the Larnach Castle. To start planning your trip, take a closer look at our top 5 favorite things to do in Dunedin New Zealand:
- Travel the Taieri Gorge Railway – If an easy and entertaining cruise excursion is on your agenda, than this scenic train adventure should be at the top of your list. You and your travel companions will get a unique perspective of the coastal Otago area and famed Taieri Gorge. For nature buffs, there is no better way to take in the region’s scenery as you marvel at lush green landscapes, majestic mountain ranges and more. Plus, leaving from the historic train station is a treat all on its own (see more below).
- Grab a Pint at Speight’s Brewery – For beer lovers, you must plan a trip to this iconic location that has been a mainstay in the city since 1876! Take an educational tour of the brewery and learn about the history of beer plus unique brewing techniques. Whether you are a fan of microbrews, draughts or pale ales, you will find all of that and more at Speight’s.
- Feel like Royalty at Larnach Castle – Anyone interested in architecture will truly enjoy a visit to the area’s Larnach Castle. Be warned though, this castle is more of an extravagantly-carved manor home than a expansive castle typically seen throughout Europe. The experience however is still incredible, especially if you take time to enjoy the impressive gardens that surround the structure.
- Explore Dunedin Railway Station – Dunedin’s stunning railway station is one of the most famous structures in the world, depicted over an over again in postcards, artwork, etc. Constructed in Edwardian Baroque style, its mosaic floors, stained glass windows, gardens and vintage-style ticket counters are a sight to behold.
- Experience Something Sweet at Cadbury – If you and the children are looking for delicious and exciting cruise excursions from Port Chalmers New Zealand, a stop at Cadbury World may be in order. Spend some time in an educational factory tour followed by an abundance of chocolate tasting opportunities, chocolate waterfalls and more!
There are just a few options that answer the question, “What to do in Port Chalmers, New Zealand?” You can also consider a nature wildlife tour at Otago Peninsula, or exploring the Otago Museum, full of history, science and ecology exhibits.
If planning a trip to Dunedin is on your to-do list, you won’t want to miss the Great Adventure Down Under 24-day Cruise and Tour that travels around Australia and New Zealand. You and your friends can enjoy a 15-day cruise and an 8-day escorted tour of Australia. Inside cabin, all-inclusive rates for this once-in-a-lifetime vacation start at just $5,999. Contact the travel advisors at CruiseExperts.com to book passage today! Call 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784) and, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.